Crispy Chicken Wrap
How many times have you wanted a quick, but satisfying lunch without sitting in a line full of cars or using the same lunch meat as always? I work at home, and I find it so easy to either forget to eat, or to get very frustrated by eating the same old thing. Recently, I had a chicken wrap from a fast food restaurant. It was so good. I thought to myself, “I can do this at home.” So I did!
Ingredients per wrap:
- 1 piece of cooked chicken, crispy or grilled and cut into strips
- 1/2 Tomato, thinly sliced
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices of Baby Swiss Cheese
- Handful of Arugula, or Baby Spinach (really any green leaf will work here)
- Honey Mustard Dressing (1 TBSP Mustard, 1 tsp Honey, Salt & Pepper)
- 1 Flour Tortilla
- Drizzle dressing on tortilla.
- Layer with your ingredients, leaving about 2 inches at the bottom for folding.
- Fold tortilla by bringing the bottom 2 inches toward the top. Fold the left over the middle, repeat with the right.
- EAT and Enjoy! How hard was that? Not at all.
I know this is so simple, but when I want something fresh and easy, but certainly different than my usual lunch meat sandwich, this is where I turn. It’s packed with fresh veg and protein. I always keep precooked chicken strips on hand, so all I have to do is pop them in the oven or microwave for a few. I slice and prep everything else, and by the time I’m finished with that, the chicken is ready, and I’m eating. It’s quick enough that I can stop working and pick right back up where I left off, and easy enough that I don’t have to worry about tons of steps. Hope you enjoy this quick lunch!